Serving our Church Community
Want to find out more about the groups and ministries available at Holy Comforter? They are all listed in our Welcome Packet, which you can read here on our website. Each ministry has a leader with email contact info, as well as basic information about the ministry.
Check out the Welcome Packet here, then contact the ministry leader (listed on each page) for more information or to get involved. You can also see what groups meet weekly or monthly by going to our Upcoming Events page.
Want to download the document?
CLICK HERE to get a PDF version.
Holy Comforter Episcopal Church located in Broomfield, CO seeks a quarter-time (10 hr/week) Youth Leader to be a positive, consistent, and engaging presence for Holy Comforter’s youth.
Holy Comforter is an inclusive Christian community made up of ordinary people committed to following Jesus, who taught that the most important thing is to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself. This is why we at Holy Comforter believe that God loves everyone, inclusive of age, race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical ability and personal history. We have seen this love change lives and believe that this love changes the world.
The Youth Leader’s main goal is to develop and nurture individual, group and community relationships in which the youth can explore and grow in their faith. Responsibilities include:
● Collaborating with the Youth Ministry Team and Architecture Team to provide engaging programs and events that attract the youth, build community, and encourage them to grow in their faith; such as:
○ Assisting in the planning and leading of weekly youth group meetings;
○ Participating in all major events and activities organized by the Youth Ministry Team;
○ hosting small, spontaneous events that engage not only the participating students, but also the teens of the church who do not currently participate;
○ Accompanying youth to diocesan youth weekends (Quest & Genesis), and other opportunities that arise within the Episcopal Church of Colorado;
○ Supporting and encouraging students into and through the confirmation process.
● Becoming the main point of contact for current and visiting youth and their families through:
○ Getting to know the youth and their families, especially their names and faces;
○ Making weekly phone contact with active youth to invite them to upcoming meetings and events;
○ Keeping the Youth Ministry Team and Director apprised of any pastoral concerns or celebrations, as appropriate;
○ Checking in with inactive youth on a quarterly basis, and calling to invite them to major events
● Develop a positive relationship with each of the youth, and foster a supportive and encouraging community of youth within the greater congregation; through:
○ Participating in Sunday morning worship services, and inviting the youth to sit together as a way to encourage community;
○ Serving as a role model and a catalyst for spiritual growth, both in small group settings and in everyday conversations with youth;
○ Encouraging students to become involved in the larger church community, such as family programs, service opportunities, the worship service, and church wide events;
○ Taking pictures at youth gatherings to post on bulletin boards and the church and youth Facebook pages.
This is a paid position.
Upon hiring, additional duties and job responsibilities will be clarified.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application and resume, with references, to Reverend William Stanton, Associate for Evangelism and Christian Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be received until the position is filled.